Friday, February 10, 2012

Fanfiction - The Guilty Pleasure

" Mulder . . . . . . I've always wanted to do that."



I'd resisted reading fanfiction. I first heard about it when I became obsessed with the X files back when the wicked little followers were known as the X philes. I avoided the X philes fanfiction forums, thinking myself above such things. But I was introduced to the word Slash in regards to fanfiction at that time. Most common X Files slash was Mulder/Scully. The people who liked that pairing or relationship were also called shippers. But there were many other intriguing slash or shippers. There was Scully/Skinner, Scully/Krycek, Scully/The Lone Gunman, yes all three (boy, people were really concerned about Scully's love life!)

These days Slash is more often about usually non gay male characters thrown into romantic situations with other male characters. Slash existed back then in the X philes with plenty of tales involving Mulder/Skinner, Mulder/Krychek and Mulder/The Lone Gunman


"Headache? Here, let me massage your temples."

So, where was I? I was going to tell you about my new found love of fanfiction. And though I am not really a fan of the overly Slashy stuff, I some how jumped right into that very subject. I can't even claim to have read much in the way of real Slash. The only hard stuff I've read was when I accidentally stumbled upon a Star Trek The Next Generation story involving Data and Lore. And my mind's eye still feels dirty from that experience.



Brotherly Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment